- Director, Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
- VA Boston Healthcare System-West Roxbury Campus
- 1400 VFW Parkway West Roxbury, MA 02132
- Tel: 857-203-6202
Dr. Lebenthal wishes to clarify that this is the place to go for veterans diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- Location: Boston, MA
- Specialty: Thoracic Surgeon
- Medical Degree: Hadassah Medical School-Hebrew University
- Residency: Hadessah Ein Karem Hebrew University Hospital
- Hospital Info
Dr. Lebenthal is a leader in treating malignant pleural mesothelioma, especially when it comes to treating our nation’s veterans. He splits up his time between Brigham and Women’s hospital in Boston and the VA Boston Healthcare system. Because so many mesothelioma patients are also veterans, an estimated 30 percent, it is imperative that they have a specialist who can treat them at a VA facility.
Dr. Lebenthal served in the Israeli military where he earned honors for his heroic actions, helping to evacuate injured soldiers under fire. He completed medical school at the Hebrew University Medical School in Jerusalem. He later went on to do his thoracic fellowship at Harvard.